Sewer System Reminder
March 20, 2020
Special Request from the St. Mary’s Glacier Water & Sanitation District Board of Directors
Recognizing that COVID-19 is affecting a growing number of people in our communities, and as more of us find ourselves spending additional time in our homes, we are asking our customers to observe the guidelines below to protect their sanitary sewer service lines as well as our mains so that we can continue to provide uninterrupted wastewater service for the health and safety of the community.
When you use these products please remember:
- Paper towels: Paper towels do not disintegrate the way toilet paper does when wet. Please place paper towels in your trashcan for proper disposal.
- Wipes: Baby wipes, disinfecting wipes, and so called “flushable” wipes are all detrimental to the wastewater collection system. These items can get hung up on pump impellers or combine with fats oil and grease (FOG) to form large balls that block pipes. As such, all wipes should be discarded in your trashcan.
- Sponges, rags, and towels: All these items are not degradable and should be discard in your trashcan.
- Feminine products: All parts of feminine products should be discarded in your trashcan.
- Diapers: All diapers should be discarded in your trashcan.
- Cotton swabs/cotton balls: Like paper towels, these items do not disintegrate when wet the way toilet paper does and should be discarded in your trashcan.
If you have any questions as to other items, please call us at (970) 617-2464 during normal office hours.
Thank you for helping us help you in keeping our community safe and healthy.
The St. Mary’s Glacier Water and Sanitation District
Board of Directors